Myopia Management MiSight
eyeXam Optometry Santa Clara is proud to be one of the few offices accredited to be a part of CooperVision’s Myopia Management initiative. With the release of MiSight 1day lenses, eye care professionals and parents can feel empowered to take on pediatric myopia’s growing prevalence and severity with a proven approach scientifically designed for the challenge.
The cornerstone of a comprehensive myopia management approach, MiSight® 1 day is a daily wear, single-use contact lens that has been clinically proven and FDAapproved to slow the progression of myopia (nearsightedness) when initially prescribed for children 8-12 years old.
AT A GLANCE
- Suitable for children as young as 8**
- Easy for children to wear and handle
- Corrects your child’s distance vision
- Helps slow the progression of myopia (gradual prescription changes)*
What is Myopia? How can it be treated?
- Myopia is the inability to see things clearly unless they’re relatively close to your eyes.
- Also called nearsightedness or shortsightedness.
- Myopia causes light rays to focus at a point in front of the retina rather than directly on the surface, owing to the elongation of the eye.
Myopic progression is when prescriptions increase over time, and higher prescriptions have been linked to sight-threatening conditions later in life such as, retinal detachment, glaucoma and myopic maculopathy.
Even children with fairly low prescriptions have a higher risk of glaucoma and retinal detachment compared to non-myopic children, and that risk multiplies as their prescriptions get stronger. Until now, traditional eyeglasses and contact lenses available in the U.S. have only been developed to correct blurred vision, which is a symptom of myopia, while not approved to slow its progression.