The eyeXam Platform has been developed and maintained by Global EyeVentures, LLC (“GEV”). GEV does not sell, share or rent our users’ personally identifiable information unless required by law. GEV does not send out e-mail or other communications without User permission. GEV does not send spam.
GEV is committed to protecting your privacy.
- Location Based Services
- What information eyeXam collects
- How eyeXam Uses Personally Identifiable Information
- Information Disclosed to Third Parties
- eyeXam Subscribed ECPs
- eyeXam Consumers
- Consumer Information
- Website Visitors
- HIPAA Polices and Procedures
- Contact Us
GEV provides ECPs and Consumers with the ability to communicate through the Dashboard and mobile device (“Services”). Consumers can search for local ECPs and request eye-related services through their mobile device. As well, Consumers can take vision-screening tests, view offers and promotions for eye-related products, manage their appointments, and send messages to ECPs in real time. The eyeXam mobile application is a free mobile app and can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
LOCATION BASED SERVICES
Where we collect location-based information, we will generally do so anonymously for the improvement of the eyeXam Dashboard. You consent to our use of anonymous information collected based on your location.
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The eyeXam Platform is not to be used by children. We do not collect or maintain personally identifiable information from Users that are under 18 years of age. The eyeXam Platform and our Services are not designed to attract people that are under 18 years of age. Although all efforts are taken to prevent children from using the eyeXam Platform, if it comes to our attention that a User is under the age of 18, we will take the necessary steps to remove that User’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the User from using the eyeXam Platform and our Services.
WHAT INFORMATION eyeXam COLLECTS
- Personal information provided by visitors of our website for the purpose of collecting further information
- Certain information automatically stored in a log such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, page views, referring URL and a data/time stamp
- Consumer information provided when downloading and registering the eyeXam mobile app using your name, e-email address and phone number (“Registered Information”)
HOW eyeXam USES PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- To provide Users with further information about our services
- To analyze trends, administer the site, track Users’ movements around the website and eyeXam mobile app
- Gather demographic information about our Users in order to improve product delivery to our Users
- Administer your User account
- Provide you with our Services and customer support
- Customize the content and advertising you may see on the eyeXam Platform
- To market our products and services to you and those of third parties we believe may be of interest to you
- Collect and/or distribute money
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems
- Improve the quality of the our Services
- Communicate with you about the eyeXam Platform and our Services
INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose certain personal information in the following instances:
- To third party vendors who help us provide our Services;
- To third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information (including other Users);
We do not disclose the personal information of ECPs to other ECPs. We do not disclose the Personal Information of any User to any other User. We do, however, provide users with the opportunity to establish a bidirectional communication with ECPs through a messaging system on the eyeXam Platform.
We always provide the ability for Users to opt-out of having personally identifiable information used as part of the services provided by GEV. Please e-mail us at support@eyeXam.com if you wish to opt-out.
eyeXam SUBSCRIBED ECPs
Consumers will be required to register the eyeXam mobile application by selecting a username and account password unique to the mobile device (“Login Information”) to protect their personal information and providing Registered Information. Consumers acknowledge that their Login Information will not be shared with any other individual and if shared, you waive any right to the privacy of the information stored on the eyeXam mobile application.
By installing the eyeXam mobile application and providing Registered Information, you will receive reminders, appointment confirmations and other communications from offices with which you have an existing business relationship. Once you view an ECP’s profile, your Registered Information will be provided to the ECP. By downloading and registering the eyeXam mobile app, you have authorized for this Registered Information to be shared and for the ECP to communicate with you only through the eyeXam mobile application. You have the right to not share your Registered Information with ECPs by turning the setting “OFF” through the eyeXam mobile app. You can also opt-out of receiving these communications by unsubscribing. You acknowledge that if you transmit personal health information, you waive any right to the privacy of such information.
GEV will not use Consumer Information for the purposes of directly marketing to, or otherwise communicating directly with those consumers about eyeXam or any third party products or services.
Visitors of the eyeXam website (www.eyeXam.com) may provide personal information in order to receive further information about the eyeXam Platform. This information will not be used for any other purposes other than to provide more information as requested.
HIPAA POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
GEV is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of information entrusted to us by our Users, especially individually identifiable personal and health information such as Registered Information and Protected Health Information. GEV enables Subscribed ECPs to communicate with their patients through the eyeXam mobile application while complying with HIPAA.
GEV protects the confidentiality of information it receives by adhering to the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the HIPAA Security Rule. The Privacy. The Privacy Rule governs the acquisition, storage, transfer and retention of Protected Health Information, in both electronic and paper formats. The Security Rule covers all information acquired, maintained or transferred electronically.
We comply with all business associate obligations under HIPAA/HITECH. GEV respects the privacy of personal health information and we take securing your and your patients’ data seriously.